AZ immigration law - morfizm
|Date:||July 10th, 2010 05:06 am (UTC)|| |
This is not exactly what I want.
NWIRP is to protect illegal immigrants.
My intent is to protect U.S. from unethical methods of deportation. E.g. they want to allow policemen to stop anyone who looks like Mexican, or hangs out with Mexican, or speaks English poorly, and ask their passport - I believe this will turn U.S. into Russia very quickly.
|Date:||July 9th, 2010 08:45 am (UTC)|| |
just pay your taxes, this should be enough to fund Uncle Sam
I think, consequences of this law would lead to more taxes.
|Date:||July 9th, 2010 08:56 am (UTC)|| |
agree, lots of state and federal money spent on the current trial, then more money spent on lawsuits brought by harassed legal Mexicans, etc - unsurprisingly the first effect of most laws is more money to lawyers; funded by our taxes of course
We'll pay more taxes, because:
- More complex system and more complex foreign relationships, because of significantly different immigration law in AZ - as with every complexity in system, this will lead to extra support cost.
- Increased crime - extra police cost.
- Increased racism - extra all sorts of costs.
- Permissiveness of policemen - their ability to stop a person with any reason and ask for passport. First step to transform U.S. police into Russian police (we remember how it works there, now we'll see it with our own eyes).
If they want to reduce amount of illegal immigrants, they should:
- Lower minimum wage (create legal job positions).
- Make it easier to naturalize.
- Make it easier to receive work permit.
|Date:||July 9th, 2010 09:40 am (UTC)|| |
This is not very targeted - I don't want to additionally fund every government initiative. I just want to support a specific action.
|Date:||July 10th, 2010 05:09 am (UTC)|| |
I live here, so I care
. One of my LJ friends actually donated to defend AZ law, so I strongly feel I need to make some effort in the opposite direction.Edited at 2010-07-10 05:09 am (UTC)